Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Now I'll x-ray your mouth. (Thanks, but no thanks.)


X-rays can cause cancer.

                                                           Q. Yes way? No way?

A. Yes, yes way.


To those of you who have read my blog articles titled: “Clean your house”, “Open the window” and “Cancer prevention” you know that I have a deep aversion toward chemical products in the home or in the human body. Honestly I haven’t trusted x-rays either for a long part of my life and for the same reasons.

When I retired from the military I had to have a medical check-up which was the routine for any potential retiree. On that day I happened to be the last patient to see the doctor and asked her if we could talk. “Surely, what’s on your mind? Was her answer. To my question as to what she thought about x-rays she replied: “One x-ray is one x-ray too many”. “Wow”, was my reaction. An answer like this coming from the mouth of a doctor left its mark on my mind and since I’ve retired, although I have a yearly medical check-up, I’ve told my doctor that I would go for chest x-ray only every three years, to which she agreed.

Some fifteen or twenty years ago I went the dentist in order to have my teeth cleaned. At one point the assistant told me to follow her. I asked her why and she told me that it was to take an x-ray of my mouth. When I answered: “No way, and by the way, why do you need to do that in order to clean my teeth?”, she and the dentist looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders as if I came from another planet. I said to myself let them think what they want, I’m the one to decide if I’ll look after myself or not.

You see friends, being a dentist also means being in business and, in order to have a successful one, sales must be good and must also increase every year. But I’ll be damned if their sales are going to increase at risking my health.

The reason that I’m writing on this subject today is because of a study results that were recently published in the newspaper. That study was done at the school of medicine at Yale in New Haven, Connecticut between the years 2006 and 2011 and comprised 1433 patients. It was clearly established during that study that because of regular (yearly) mouth x-rays, some people could develop cancerous brain tumors. 

If that’s not clear enough for you, it is for me. If you don’t want to end up with cancer, stay away from x-rays as much as possible, be the master of your body, decide by yourself as to what goes or doesn’t go into your body. You’ll die a happier person.

What do you think?

© 2012 Jean-Paul Gosselin


Whether you agree with or have an objection to my blog, leave a comment. I’m open to favorable or unfavorable criticism and what you write might enlighten other readers or myself.

Thank you.


Take this with you.

A guy walked into a bar in Alabama and ordered a white wine. Everybody sitting around the bar looked up, expecting to see some pitiful Yankee.

The bartender looked up and said, "You ain't from around here, are ya? Where ya from, boy?"

The guy said, "I'm from Iowa."

The bartender asked, "What the heck you do in Iowa?"

The guy responded, "I'm a taxidermist."

The bartender asked, "Now just what the heck is a taxidermist?"

The guy said nervously, "I mount animals."

The bartender grinned and shouted out to the whole bar, "It's okay boys, he's one of us! "

Have a swell day, stay relaxed, have a beer and don’t forget: keep smiling. Life is good. Buena la vida. La vie est belle.


No comments:

Post a Comment