Sunday, July 1, 2012

Brassiere straps. Hum. (Ugly, ugly, ugly.)


Brassiere straps can ruin your looks.

 Q. Yes way? No way?

 A. Yes way.  

Most women want and work hard to look good, and why not? A woman who looks good will invariably attract looks and perhaps pleasant commentaries from the people that she will come across on the street and it’s quite all right. Without purposely wanting to charm, women, in general, feel good when they look attractive, at least I would if I were a woman.

It’s summertime here in the north (Canada) and everyone likes to wear light clothes and to take as much sun as possible. Winter is so long and cold that is a great feeling to shed those winter clothes off for summer ones and to feel the warmth of the sun on your skin. I find the sensation so good that, to me, it’s like a rebirth.

It’s also the time at which girls run to the store and stock up on summer clothes. Shots, sandals, summer dresses and light tops, nothing is forgotten.

Between choosing as to what clothes that they’re going to wear and time spent in front of the mirror, making up their faces, some women easily spend one hour and perhaps more. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

Once they believe that everything is in its right place, they’ll finally point their noses outside the door and let people admire them and I’m one who loves to do that. But when I see a woman in a summer dress with spaghetti type straps and I can see, underneath those, two ugly brassiere straps, my jaw simply drops. Brassiere straps is the last, but the last, thing that I wants to look at when I admire a woman and I have no reason to believe that I’m the only person to think that way, man or woman. Girls, yes you girls who have the very bad habit of doing that, for forty dollars buy a strapless brassiere and instantly improve your looks.

Am I in a bitching mood today? No, not really, I’m not but this is something that’s bothered my ass for many, many years and I simply thought that today would be a good day to let you know about my concern.

While I’m at it I’d like to recommend another suggestion about your dressing habits. I can see you telling yourself: “Boy there he goes again.” But you’re going to love me for it, I know. I know that you will. You’re all aware of that damn peace of material that tells you as to how to wash your garment and to, or not to, iron it. Well, where does the manufacturer sew it? Right at the back top of the piece of clothing that you so proudly wear and, as if by magic, it always manages to stand up and out, in view of everyone. Cut the bloody thing out with a pair of scissors. After you’ve seen it once, you never, ever, look at it anymore but, being a leg and bum man, I see it and I guaranty you, it’s ugly. This was my bitch for the day and now I feel good.

What do you think?

© 2012 Jean-Paul Gosselin


Whether you agree with or have an objection to my blog, leave a comment. I’m open to favorable or unfavorable criticism and what you write might enlighten other readers or myself.

Thank you.


Take this with you.

The local TV station was interviewing an eighty year old lady who was had just married for the forth time.

The interviewer asked her as to her new husband’s occupation.

“He’s a funeral director,” she answered.

He then asked her if she would mind telling the viewers a little about her first three husbands and what they did for a living.

She paused and with a smile on her face she proudly explained that she had first married a banker in her twenties, and then a circus ringmaster in her forties, followed by a preacher in her sixties and now, a funeral director.

The interviewer looked at her, quite astonished, and asked as to why she had married four men of such diverse careers.

The old lady smiled and explained: “I married one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready and four to go.”


Have a swell day, stay relaxed, have a beer and don’t forget: keep smiling. Life is good. Buena la vida. La vie est belle.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment